My goal is to develop and apply theoretical tools to phenomena arising from real world applications.
My research interest lies in the field of Nonlinear Analysis.
I focus on the study of existence, multiplicity and chaotic behaviors of solutions
for boundary value problems (BVPs) associated with ordinary differential equations (ODEs)
and with partial differential equations (PDEs).
I am an expert user of Mathematica and LaTeX.
Bio & CV
Currently, I am a PostDoc Researcher funded by FSMP (Fondation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris) at CNRS - CAMS (Centre d'Analyse et de Mathématique Sociales) - EHESS (École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales), Paris (France), supervised by Prof. Henri Berestycki.
❅   ❅   ❅
From January 2019 till November 2019, I have been a PostDoc funded by INdAM (Istituto Nazionale di Alta Matematica) at Department of Mathematics and Geosciences, University of Trieste (Italy), supervised by Prof. Pierpaolo Omari. From July 2018 till December 2018 I have been a PostDoc at CMUP-Centre for Mathematics of the University of Porto (Portugal) under the supervision of Prof. Isabel Labouriau.
❅   ❅   ❅
On February 2018, I got my PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics and Physics with mention Doctor Europaeus under the supervision of Prof. Fabio Zanolin at the University of Udine. During my PhD, I have got the opportunity to carry out research and training activities off-site at the "Center for Mathematics, Fundamental Applications and Operations Research" at the University of Lisbon in Portugal.
I gained teaching experience in undergraduate courses on calculus at the University of Udine in Italy.
Outside of academia, I enjoy traveling all around the globe, exploring cultures and panoramas to catch the mood.
Here's a taste.
Published & accepted
- E. Sovrano. How to get construct dynamics? A note on a topological approach. Internat. J. Bifur. Chaos Appl. Sci. Engrg. To appear, 2020;
- G. Feltrin, E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. Periodic solutions to parameter-dependent equations with a φ-Laplacian type operator. NoDEA 26(5), 2019;
- G. Feltrin, E. Sovrano. An indefinite nonlinear problem in population dynamics: high multiplicity of positive solutions. Nonlinearity. 31(9):4137, 2018;
- E. Sovrano. A negative answer to a conjecture arising in the study of selection-migration models in population genetics. J. Math. Biol. 76(7):1655–1672, 2018;
- E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. Ambrosetti-Prodi periodic problem under local coercivity conditions. Adv. Nonlinear Stud. 18(1): 169–182, 2018;
- G. Feltrin, E. Sovrano. Three positive solutions to an indefinite Neumann problem: a shooting method. Nonlinear Anal., 166:87–101, 2018;
- E. Sovrano. Ambrosetti-Prodi type result to a Neumann problem via a topological approach. Discrete Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. S, 11(2):345–355, 2018;
- E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. A periodic problem for first order differential equations with locally coercive nonlinearities. Rend. Istit. Mat. Univ. Trieste, 49 pp. 335–355, 2017;
- E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. The Ambrosetti-Prodi periodic problem: Different routes to complex dynamics. Dynam. Systems Appl. 26, 589-626, 2017;
- E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. Indefinite weight nonlinear problems with Neumann boundary conditions. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 452, 126–147, 2017;
- E. Sovrano. About chaos in the twisted horseshoe map. Internat. J. Bifur. Chaos Appl. Sci. Engrg., Vol. 26, No. 6, 1650092 (10 pages), 2016;
- E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. Remarks on Dirichlet problems with sublinear growth at infinity. Rend. Istit. Mat. Univ. Trieste 7:267–305, 2015;
- E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. Dolcher fixed point theorem and its connections with recent developments on compressive/expansive maps. Rend. Istit. Mat. Univ. Trieste 46:101–121, 2014.
- P. Omari, E. Sovrano. Positive solutions of superlinear indefinite prescribed mean curvature problems. Submitted 2019;
- A. Boscaggin, G. Feltrin, E. Sovrano, F. Zanolin. High multiplicity and chaos for an indefinite problem arising from genetic models. Submitted 2019.
Some past events where I contributed.
Past events I co-organized.
- 01–05/07/2019, International Conference on Differential & Difference Equations and Applications, Lisbon, Portugal.
- 06-07/12/2018, ReaDi meeting : Reaction-diffusion equations, Modelling and Social sciences, Paris, France.
- 27-29/09/2018, Giornate di Equazioni Differenziali Ordinarie: metodi e prospettive, Ancona, Italy.
- 04-07/09/2018, International Conference on Nonlinear Analysis and Boundary Value Problems 2018, Santiago de Compostela, Spain;
- 23-27/07/2018, 11th European Conference on Mathematical and Theoretical Biology, Lisbon, Portugal;
- 05-09/07/2018, 12th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems Differential Equations and Applications, Taipei, Taiwan;
- 07-09/02/2018, Ninth Workshop Dynamical Systems Applied to Biology and Natural Sciences, Torino, Italy;
- 11-15/12/2017, Intensive week of PDEs at Spa, Spa, Belgium;
- 24-28/07/2017, Equadiff 2017, Bratislava, Slovacchia;
- 05-09/06/2017, International Conference on Differential & Difference Equations and Applications, Amadora, Portugal;
- 01-04/07/2016, 11th AIMS Conference on Dynamical Systems Differential Equations and Applications, Orlando, Florida;
- 14-18/09/2015, VII Symposium on Nonlinear Analysis SNA 2015, Toruń, Poland.
- 23-26/01/2016, Nonlinear Meeting in Udine 2017 on the occasion of Pierpaolo Omari’s 60th birthday, Udine, Italy.
If you are interested in my research, please take a look at:
The best way to get in touch with me is by email: